Re: [css3-images] Proposed Gradients changes

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 13:05:28 -0800
Cc: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Nov 28, 2010, at 10:17 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> some features such as focal length and extend color are missing.

I don't know if it is the same thing or not, but we have discussed the possibility of letting the gradient extend beyond its image box in a background if the image is not repeating, either automatically or though a keyword or value ('background-repeat:extend' perhaps). It would be less useful in list images or border images or 'content'.

What does focal length do? Is it something like scaling the gradient within a clipping rectangle?