Patent (Re: [css3-transitions] Credit in CSS Transitions spec)

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:10:19 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On Thursday 18 November 2010 19:49:38 Laurens Holst wrote:
[...]
> Also, this patent claim seems at least partially invalid to me:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/p71

Luckily, the W3C patent policy is such that we don't have to answer that
question. Once the specification is a W3C Recommendation, you don't
have to ask (in this case) Apple for a license anyway.

(Patent claims may be important if W3C for some reason decides to not
make the specification a standard, or in a conflict between patent
holders, but in those cases it is no longer W3C business.)

Bert