Re: [css3-images] Proposed Gradients changes

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:49:37 +0100, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2010, at 7:43 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I have not checked, but is it true that because of this interpolation
>> CSS gradients are going to work different from <canvas>/SVG gradients?
>> And if so, is that really a good thing?
>
> I think it was always the idea to have CSS gradients as a much simpler
> alternative to SVG gradient syntax, so that if you really needed the
> extra power you could use SVG. I do think that is a very good thing.

Sorry, I meant whether colors are premultiplied or not. (For some reason I
thought it was about interpolation.) It's not a syntax issue, but a model
issue. And I would very much like the model to be shared with SVG/<canvas>
so we do not need multiple codepaths.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/