Re: UI for CSS Media Queries and value-less features

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:19:36 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Le 09/11/10 14:15, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :

> As you say the equivalent feature is min-color:1. Why do you need to be
> able to represent both in your editor? Some start tags can be written as

Because if the web author writes by hand (color), he/she does NOT
want to get a (min-color:1) back. Rule number 1 of wysiwyg editors
is "try to avoid messing with author's decisions and code".

> We decided not to go back to drop color-index, which is clearly a
> useless feature. This seems much less important.

 From your browser POV, certainly. From my editor's one, not at all.
But of course, implementability in an editor is still the poor parent
when we speak of Web Standards.

</Daniel>