Re: [css3-flexbox] flexbox questions

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> While we are discussing Flexbox in general, I’d like to resolve some very
> specific issues. These are issues to be specified regardless of other
> potential changes in the module.
>

> ·         In reverse direction, what should “pack:start” do?

I think pack:start should pack towards whichever side the children
start in, and so box-direction:reverse would swap the "start"
direction.

> ·         How does max-height on items affect alignment and box height?

max-height *should* be honored, and have no special effect on any
other child or the flexbox as a whole.  Unfortunately box-align isn't
clear on exactly what length it increases to do its align:stretch.  If
it's increasing height directly, then max-height should take effect,
and we need to clarify how things are aligned when they can't be fully
stretched.  If it's increasing padding-bottom, then max-height won't
have any effect (unless you change box-sizing, and then we're in the
previous situation).  If it's doing something more magical, then
there's no way to tell - we just need to decide by fiat what the
correct behavior is.

>                 In Mozilla max-height on any items appears to affect all
> items. That looks like a bug to me.

Agreed.

> ·         Where is the baseline of an inline-box?
>
> Again, implementations differ. I am not sure I have a preference. Where
> should it be?

What's the baseline of an inline-table?  I suspect inline-box should
act similarly.

~TJ