[css3-flexbox] flexbox questions

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 22:30:24 +0000
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
While we are discussing Flexbox in general, I'd like to resolve some very specific issues. These are issues to be specified regardless of other potential changes in the module.

*         In reverse direction, what should "pack:start" do?
This combination has opposite effect in Mozilla and Webkit. Which is right?

            .flexbox
            {
                display:box;
                box-direction:reverse;
                box-pack:start;
                width:400px;
                border:10px solid blue;
            }
            .flexbox > div
            {
                margin:5px;
                border:medium solid black;
            }

I prefer Mozilla behavior. It right-aligns by default when direction is reverse.

*         How does max-height on items affect alignment and box height?

Consider this:

                What should the height of the Flexbox be? And heights of the items?
                In Mozilla max-height on any items appears to affect all items. That looks like a bug to me.

*         Where is the baseline of an inline-box?
Again, implementations differ. I am not sure I have a preference. Where should it be?