Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9

Le 14/05/10 20:30, David Hyatt a écrit :

> The WebKit implementation has been around forever. I am not sure exactly when I implemented it, but at the time I don't recall ::selection being labeled as "at risk", and I went to a CR spec for details on how to implement it.   CR means you can drop the vendor prefixes as far as I'm concerned.
>
> In terms of timing it's a lot like text-shadow.  We implemented it in WebKit a long long time ago back when it was in a CR/PR spec and not labeled as being at risk.
>
> To retroactively accuse us of being sloppy with vendor prefixes because years later the WG decided they didn't like it is unfair.
>
> Know your history,

Being the original author and editor of that spec, I know it pretty
well, thanks. As I said previously, we have a hole in our process.
::selection was dropped after a first CR. So if we want to reach future
interoperability on a feature that was dropped, the only real solution
is to go back to vendor prefixes or suffer painful comments à la "we
have users already relying on this".

</Daniel>