Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:30:36 -0500
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
The WebKit implementation has been around forever. I am not sure exactly when I implemented it, but at the time I don't recall ::selection being labeled as "at risk", and I went to a CR spec for details on how to implement it.   CR means you can drop the vendor prefixes as far as I'm concerned.

In terms of timing it's a lot like text-shadow.  We implemented it in WebKit a long long time ago back when it was in a CR/PR spec and not labeled as being at risk.

To retroactively accuse us of being sloppy with vendor prefixes because years later the WG decided they didn't like it is unfair.

Know your history,
dave
(hyatt@apple.com)