Re: suggestion: fixed-aspect-ratio CSS rule for block elements

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 00:30:46 -0700
To: julien.cayzac@gmail.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org
So, it appears that SVG doesn't have any properties that set an
aspect-ratio, except indirectly by setting a width and height
explicitly.  So there's no prior art there to be consistent with.

It has also been brought to my attention that I'm dumb and have been
carrying around a bad mental model of how the <aspect-ratio> type
worked in Media Queries.  For some reason I thought it was a number,
but of course it is actually a ratio of the form x/y.  This is
entirely acceptable, so there is no need to argue format - we'll just
use the existing <aspect-ratio> type.

~TJ