Re: suggestion: fixed-aspect-ratio CSS rule for block elements

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Daniel Glazman
>> There is no need to introduce a function, the value can be just "4/3",
>> as per CSS grammar:
> Yeah, well, hum. We recently said (during our Cupertino meeting IIRC)
> that one of the only existing use case of this is the font shorthand
> and that extending the use of slash inside values should probably be
> limited... That happened during a discussion where it's proposed to
> reuse that slash for another property.

Hi Daniel,

I wrote that because that's the notation used by
(min-|max-)(device-)aspect-ratio in
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/ and because I think it's a bad
idea to specify different notations for aspect-ratios. Elements'
aspect-ratio and media queries' aspect-ratio should have a consistent
syntax as their refer to the same concept...

Cheers,
Julien.
--
Julien Cayzac