Re: suggestion: fixed-aspect-ratio CSS rule for block elements

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 15:53:20 +0200
To: julien.cayzac@gmail.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Le 06/05/10 15:03, Julien Cayzac a écrit :

> There is no need to introduce a function, the value can be just "4/3",
> as per CSS grammar:
>
> operator: '/' S* | ',' S*;
> expr: term [ operator? term ]*;

Yeah, well, hum. We recently said (during our Cupertino meeting IIRC)
that one of the only existing use case of this is the font shorthand
and that extending the use of slash inside values should probably be
limited... That happened during a discussion where it's proposed to
reuse that slash for another property.

</Daniel>