Re: Frameset/Frame Specification Amendment (HTML+CSS)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:34:26 +0100, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2010, at 1:29 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> What's the value in expanding CSS's ability to style frames, though?
>> We don't want to encourage their use
>
> You don't, and a lot of other frames-haters don't, but I don't see that
> it should br the role of this WG to discourage the use of particular
> element of valid, non-deprecated HTML because of the design challenges
> associated with them. It is within our purview to see if there are
> reasonable ways to allow CSS styling of such elements in a way that is
> intuitive and predictable (in as much as we do with other replaced
> elements), instead of relying on the markup language only to do so.

The current HTML WG obsoleted the respective elements and if we should
focus on anything that was previously declared out of scope for CSS it
should be form controls, not frames.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/