Re: CSS3: Suggestion for another list-style-type

From: Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 00:46:07 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
> Once everyone properly supports the existing ::marker pseudoelement
> and content properties, you can do this without any special
> intervention:
>
> li::marker {
>  content: "»";
> }

I see... From new discussion in the newsgroup I read that the above rule
would be insufficient. It was said to be:

ul
  {list-style-type: none;
  }

li::marker
  {content: "»";
  }

What is correct then?

Still, wouldn't it be more appropriate to allow <string> values for the
list-style-type property? Why separating this value from all the other
predefined values allowed on list-style-type?

Cheers,
Axel Dahmen