Re: CSS3: Suggestion for another list-style-type

On Mar 23, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

>> So I'd like to suggest to expand the list-style-type property definition to:

>> <non-repeating>  | <string>  | normal | none
>>

>> For an existing discussion, please refer to:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets/browse_thread/thread/03ff6de0d927515e
>>
>> I'd prefer to continue the discussion there, preventing e-mail inbox
>> overflow.
>
> Once everyone properly supports the existing ::marker pseudoelement
> and content properties, you can do this without any special
> intervention:
>
> li::marker {
>  content: "»";
> }

Just to clarify, these are in working draft status, and you can read about them here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-css3-gcpm-20070504/#markers
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-content-20030514/#block
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-content-20030514/#content-insert