Re: [css3-multicol] 'column-rule-color' values, allowed and initial

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> 1)
> The value type of 'column-rule-color' is <color>, whereas the 'column-rule'
> shorthand also accepts the 'transparent' keyword. Presumably the keyword
> should be allowed in both cases? If so, the 'column-rule-color' entry could
> say "<color> | transparent" and 'column-rule' could say
> "<'column-rule-width'> || <'column-rule-style'> || <'column-rule-color'>".

This is likely simply a result of Multicol not explicitly depending on
Colors Level 3, where transparent is a valid value for <color>.

We had a discussion a few months ago about this, which didn't come to
a conclusion that satisfied me, but essentially it was decided to just
leave it with a reference to CSS2.1, but allow implementors to use the
Colors Level 3 if they wished.  When Colors reaches an appropriate
level on the Rec track, Multicol will have its reference updated.