Re: [CSS21] 10.1 Containing block for absolute elements with inline-level nearest positioned ancestor

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, this makes me wonder how IE7 (in standards mode) handles a case like this:
>
> .fullbox {
>        border:.5em solid orange;
>        background:url(big-image.png);
>        top:0; bottom:0; left:0; right:0;
> }
>
> It seems like Webkit, Opera, IE8, and Firefox are all doing what they are so that they can draw such a box as a single rectangle. Does IE7 divide it in half, instead of keeping the positioned item whole? That doesn't seem correct either to me, but maybe it is?

IE7 is a bit inconsistent here:  It draws such a stretched box like
the others, so in the case when the right edge is at the left of the
left edge, the stretched box has width zero, like right:0 was not
respected.

Bruno

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test