Re: [css3-background] vastly different takes on "blur"

On 06/21/2010 10:33 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2010, at 10:23 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
>> I'm also in favour of that.
>>
>> Apart from the other points made, I have another ... when there is no
>> shadow offset, the blurred area inside the shadow edge is not visible.
>> I expect authors will be surprised to find that the width of the
>> visible blur is only half the value they specified.
>
> Seriously? You want to optimize for those uthors that use shadows, but
> are surprised by what they see when they fill in those first 2 values
> of box-shadow with something other than zero? Maybe they would also be
> surprised by the fact that it is called 'box-shadow' and not 'box-glow'.

Whatever it's called, it will be used for both shadow and glow effects,
and other effects we have not yet thought of. I see box-shadow less and
less as a shadow effect and more like a swiss-army-knife of graphical
border-edge tweaking.

~fantasai