proposal for gender attribute on spoken media

From: Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:03:02 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
I'd like to see some method telling screen readers whether certain
text is meant to be spoken with a male or a female voice.
This is useful not only in dialog or quotes (where the gender of the
speaker would the one chosen) but also for personal blog (where you
would choose your own gender).

Although I've been reading this list for a while this is my email. If
I missed something please let me know.

--
Eitan Adler