RE: [css3-background] vastly different takes on "blur"

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:17:20 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Simon Fraser:
> I'm with Tab here. And since two browsers already implement it this way, I
> see no reason to change it.

I thought Brad had shown that those two implementations may agree in principle but don't agree in current renderings.

You're proposing we change the spec *again* to add a multiply by 2 to the prose?

I thought we had Last Call already.

The more this lingers on the more I think the October 2009 spec had it right -- punt to CSS4:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-background-20091015/#the-box-shadow

This module previously defined a ‘box-shadow’ property. This feature has been removed from this module for further discussion, and should reappear in another CSS module in the future.

/grumble
- Brian