[css3-selectors] The :nth-sibling combinator

From: Gabriele Romanato <gabriele.romanato@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:51:10 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
I don't actually know if something like a :nth-sibling() combinator,
whose syntax should resemble that of the other :nth selectors, is
useful or feasible. I stumbled on this problem while viewing a demo on
scrollable tables that made a large use of something like the following:

span + span + span {}

Actually, this may be rewritten using a :nth-child() combinator.
Anyway, I also don't know if it's too expensive from the point of view
of the effective implementation or if it's actually another case of
excess of functionality (as Hakon Wium Lie clearly explains in his
thesis on CSS). So, what do you think? There are a lot of "I don't
know" in this mail, though.

bye

Gabriele Romanato

http://www.css-zibaldone.com