Re: CSS2.1 Test Suite Beta 1

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:35:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
> I've uploaded a copy of the test suite beta to the csswg.org server:
>    http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100615/
> Please take a look and let me know if there's anything obviously
> wrong. :) I'll be posting it to W3C tomorrow, when I get the last
> set of bidi tests from i18n.

How is this being built?  I pulled from the svn repo today and I only
find the Microsoft tests in contributors/microsoft/submitted rather
than in approved/css2.1/src.

The linked page includes this text:

> Note that many of the tests require the Ahem font to be installed.
> Without the Ahem font installed, these tests are of no value.

As I noted back in January, this is inaccurate, the font chapter tests
require a whole set of fonts:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Jan/0057.html

I also posted a review of the fonts chapter tests back in January but
it looks like none of those tests have been touched:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Jan/0017.html

I submitted a set of font reftests
(contributors/mozilla/submitted/fontreftests), a number of which can
be run as standalone tests but those don't appear to have made it into
the final set of tests.

John Daggett
Mozilla Japan