Re: [css3-background] vastly different takes on "blur"

On Jun 11, 2010, at 11:13 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> I don't think the current definition, which describes the blur in
> terms of a gradient, is good for shapes with concave portions.

I don't know why not. It doesn't say it's a gradient, it just defines
the size of the region to blur within. I think that saying that a 15px
blur covers a perimeter that is 15px wide will be a whole lot more
understandable and predictable and meaningful for authors than to ask
them to guess how much that will be based on the results of plugging
that length into a guassian function.