Re: [CSS21] bidi, text-align, and list markers

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:07:54 -0700
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
On 06/02/2010 06:14 AM, Bert Bos wrote:
> I'm wondering if it too late to undo two bidi-related changes to CSS2
> that we decided two years ago ('list-style') and 3½ years ago
> ('text-align)...

We already discussed the bullet position here:
   http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css2.1#issue-162

As for the text-align case, the value is named 'start' in CSS3 and I
suspect changing the behavior at this point would break things. Also
on the i18n lists, it was indicated that both behaviors ('start' and
a value that computes to either 'left' or 'right' at the point where
it is specified) are useful. I'm currently planning to add a keyword
to CSS3 Text that will allow this other effect. I strongly disagree
with changing CSS2.1 here.

~fantasai