rendering of border edges

From: Niels Matthijs <niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:27:37 +0100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi all,

Just an interesting thing I noticed, but Firefox 3.6 (and apparently Chrome for Windows) make sure the line created by two differently-colored neighbouring borders is anti-aliased. This ensures a nice visual result.

Hit this when I was trying the css triangle technique using triangles which didn't have the regular 90/45/45 degree layout. When straying from this layout, you end up with ugly jaggy edges in most browsers.

Article and a pic of the result in FF vs the rest can be found:
http://www.onderhond.com/blog/work/css-triangles-issues

Maybe something to mention in the border rendering standards?

Greets,
Niels Matthijs
http://www.onderhond.com