[css3-fonts] How to handle download error in case of multiple @font-face for a font-family?

From: Yuzo Fujishima <yuzo@google.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:03:17 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

Assume we have the following @font-face rules:

/* First*/
@font-face {
   font-family:myfont;
   src: url(General.ttf);
}
/* Second */
@font-face {
   font-family:myfont;
   src: url(DownloadErrorNumber.ttf); /* Assume this causes a download error
*/
   unicode-range: U+30-39;
}
/* Third */
@font-face {
   font-family:myfont;
   src: url(Alphabet.ttf);
   unicode-range: U+61-7a;
}

What should happen if DownloadErrorNumber.ttf is unavailable and causes
a download error for the second rule? Should we:
(A) Ignore only the second rule, i.e., the first and the third rules remain
in effect
, or
(B) Ignore all the rules for the same font family, i.e., ignore all the
three
?

To me (A) seems to be more reasonable, but
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-fonts/ doesn't state what should happen.

Yuzo