Re: A List Apart: Articles: Prefix or Posthack

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:08:42 -0700
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> A new article on ALA about vendor prefixes in CSS, by Eric Meyer:
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/prefix-or-posthack/

Heh, I was going to post this to the list as well.  ^_^

Eric's justification for vendor prefixes matches my own thoughts
exactly.  I like the vendor prefixes for exactly the reasons he gives,
and similarly think that a unified prefix is a horrible idea.

We can still explore dropping prefixes on parts of things earlier,
either by piecemealing specs or chopping them up more finely, but only
when we actually do have interop and a reasonable belief that the
syntax won't change.