Re: [css3-transitions] starting and reversing animations

On Jan 29, 2010, at 7:30 pm, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> In most cases it is enough to run animation in opposite direction so is
> my original posting on the subject.
>
> In current spec we have rollback mode for non-finished transition but
> no rollback method for finished transition. System is not complete.

The system may not be complete (what system ever is?), but it provides
a simple, easy-to-use method of doing 90% of the transitions that authors
need. I suspect that the other 10% could be done with a little bit of JavaScript.

Allowing authors to specify transition behaviors based on both the source
and destination style sounds like it would add significant complexity.

Simon