Re: [css3-transitions] starting and reversing animations

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:30:27 -0800
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
L. David Baron wrote:

> However, rereading it, I now realize that "at the time of the
> change" is not clear at all.  What I meant to say is probably "at
> the time that would be immediately after the change if no
> transitions had been specified".  Does that make it clearer?
>
> -David

Let's say we have button with these styles:

button { ... }
button:hover { ... }
button:checked { ... }

How one will define transitions of following states:

:normal -> :hover  - transition A
:normal -> :checked  - transition B
:hover  -> :normal  - transition C
:checked -> :normal  - transition D

?

It seems that proposed method is not allowing to define
all four states. Or did I miss something?

I suspect that the transition should define method of entering
that state and also how to leave that state.

Something like this:

:hover
{
   transition: attribute ease-in 1s ease-out;
}

In most cases it is enough to run animation in opposite direction so is
my original posting on the subject.

In current spec we have rollback mode for non-finished transition but
no rollback method for finished transition. System is not complete.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com