Re: CSS3 transition strangeness when using background-color:transparent;

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 4:38 AM, François REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> The problem of "transparent" is that it's computed as rbba(0,0,0,0), which
> is a fully transparent black. So the transition as it is defined now want
> the
> UA to perform a fade to black.
>
> Opera sometimes going to red seems wrong.
>
> Maybe we should add a small comment about that :
> "The transition of a color from and to 'transparent' should be rendered by
> the transition of the Alpha composant of the property only. The RGB values
> are kept the same as those of the non-'transparent' color of the transition.
> "

I agree that that would probably be a useful special-case, because the
color of transparency is always a confusing thing.  >_<

Of course, if an author changes to rgba(0,0,0,0) specifically, it
should indeed transition on all components, and darken as it fades.

I'm not sure how annoying special-casing this would be, though.
Implementors?  Is 'transparent' turned into rgba(0,0,0,0) at too early
of a stage to make this convenient?  Is is possible to special-case
this?