Re: CSS3 transition strangeness when using background-color:transparent;

Alternatively, we could have a note in the spec. warning about this, and suggest that you transition from a color of (a,b,c,d) to (a,b,c,0) if you want to avoid the a->0, b->0, c->0 transitions as well, couldn't we?

On Jan 29, 2010, at 15:21 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I agree that that would probably be a useful special-case, because the
> color of transparency is always a confusing thing.  >_<
>
> Of course, if an author changes to rgba(0,0,0,0) specifically, it
> should indeed transition on all components, and darken as it fades.

David Singer