Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

On 01/26/2010 05:44 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> I would expect one of the spec's main editor to give such an outcome careful consideration during CR. So far, all I have
> heard from you can be summarized as: "I don't want to deal with it because I have better things to do than polishing nails"

Look, Sylvain, I'm happy to sit down with you for 4 hours and work out
the details of the prettiest gradient transition we can come up with.
I'm happy to put it in the spec. I'm happy to show you how to test that
the center of the gradient, by some given definition, is where the spec
says it should be.

I'm *not* comfortable with requiring a particular gradient shape and
velocity function (or whatever it's called, I don't have the vocabulary
to explain this properly)--because I understand that there are other
implementations that are working with limitations that your team does
not have, and because I'm not convinced that we've yet hit all the
degenerate cases we need to consider when clamping down our definitions.

~fantasai