Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:56:37 -0800
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
CC: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, Zachary Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
On 01/26/2010 01:49 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:
> (a) define the shape the gradient should fill
> As per discussion with Aaron, I believe the description in Figure 8 of
> 	http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-border-radius
> needs to be adjusted to properly address the interaction of borders of different widths.
> Specifically, in such cases I believe the color transition region remains a quadrilateral
> but is no longer a rectangle.

I've updated the description and tweaked the image to be more different.

It doesn't show the degenerate case we discussed yet, but the description
below the figure should now apply easily to that case.