Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:56:37 -0800
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
CC: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, Zachary Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
On 01/26/2010 01:49 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:
> (a) define the shape the gradient should fill
> As per discussion with Aaron, I believe the description in Figure 8 of
> 	http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-border-radius
> needs to be adjusted to properly address the interaction of borders of different widths.
> Specifically, in such cases I believe the color transition region remains a quadrilateral
> but is no longer a rectangle.

I've updated the description and tweaked the image to be more different.
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#corner-transitions

It doesn't show the degenerate case we discussed yet, but the description
below the figure should now apply easily to that case.

~fantasai