Re: [css3-selectors] Grouping

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 22:00:48 -0500
To: news@terrainformatica.com
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Nikita Popov <privat@ni-po.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 1/9/10 9:17 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Beside of the fact that @set feature significantly reduces CPU payload
> it is very useful for things like UI components frameworks

Scoped stylesheets are indeed useful.  Last I checked, there was work on
them; certainly Mozilla's current XBL has such a concept, and I think
HTML5 had some proposals along those lines as well.

It sounds like your style sets are essentially scoped stylesheets with a
CSS selector syntax for establishing the scope, right?

-Boris