Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 22:33:14 -0500
To: www-style List <www-style@w3.org>
I have this crazy idea that this is still an "education" problem.

We all know about browsers on desktops because they are often talked
about. We know all about incompatibilties between IE and Firefox. Some
validators even show you screen shots of what your site looks like in
every brand of desktop browser. But when is the last time we read
about incompatibilities with the iPhone? I can't recall it. People
don't care about phones because no one talks about compatibility with
phones. I don't care because I had always assumed that you have to
make a mobile version of the site if you want phone users to view your
site. (After all, isn't this what all the larger sites do? They
*never* assumed phone users would view their main site.)

Maybe if we can get those validator sites to complain about
incompatibilities with phones, people will start thinking about phones
and there'll be some progress =P

--
cheers,
-ambrose