Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

On 02/25/2010 06:51 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> Could you also live with #2? I kind of like the level of detail that's been put in
> of what is to be suggested, if a vendor is going to attempt it, in order to provide
> some minimal guidance. (as an aside, I would also add that on any border-radius in
> which the inner edge of the corner has an effective radius of zero, then the tip of
> the cone for the conic blend should align with that sharp corner.) I can also
> imagine some simple tests similar to what's been described here. But if we don't
> even mention the idea of a gradient blend at the corner, then we lose the ability
> to provide guidance (and a minimal level of consistency) to any implementor who
> wants to give it a shot.

I don't mind removing all mention of gradients and leaving the transitions undefined.

What I would like to do is to add an informative Appendix J that we can update
to showcase various implementors' ideal corner joins via screenshots and mockups.
Just having those illustrations show what's possible with gradients would be
adequate guidance, I think.

~fantasai