Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:59:29 -0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
On 02/24/2010 03:15 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>> From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
>

>> Given that on the 3 February 2010 teleconference you said
>>       Sylvain: I'm ok with 2 or 3
>
> Yes, that is what I said. And after further conversations with
> my peers we agreed that this was not right. Given the number of
> repetitive messages on this topic between now and then - most of
> them over the past ~24 hours, between you and I - I didn't expect
> the need for clarification this far along. My bad.

(If you'd answered my question ~24 hours ago, then maybe there
would have been fewer repetitive messages.)

Since you've changed your position, let's go back to the question
before the WG 3 weeks ago.

    fantasai: we have 5 options
    1. Require the sharp transition
    2. Drop recommendation for gradient, leave transition undefined
    3. Recommend gradient, define color stops
    4. Give precise mathematical definition for a gradient that will give
       pixel-perfect copies across implementations
    5. Drop border-radius

Pick one. Because right now, I don't know what you want. I only
know that you're unhappy with both the current spec and the
proposal I was asked by the WG to produce.

~fantasai