Re: [cssom] serializing <color>

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:38:19 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> (The keywords are returned in lowercase, not in the case
>> specified by the specification. I personally like this.)
>
> Since CSS is case-insensitive, there is no "case specified by the
> specification", actually.

Sure there is. The specification says WindowText, not windowtext. ASCII
lowercase works for me though.

>> Personally I quite prefer the way Opera handles this, though preserving
>> system colors might be valuable. Not sure.
>
> It's a requirement to not have dataloss in any sort of CSS editor, no?
> Heck, so is preserving the named colors that always map to the same
> color, from a human-readability point of view...

A CSS editor cannot use the CSSOM. There are so many other things that are
lost that a CSS editor needs that I do not think it is worth it to
consider that as an argument for retaining this information (at least not
when serializing). I thought we already came to that conclusion.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/