Re: [CSSOM] issues with cssText and selectorText

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:03:01 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:58:15 +0100, Daniel Glazman
> <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
>> I just discovered that Opera is the only "major" browser
>> that does not return a useless result for selectorText and
>> cssText in some cases that are not edge cases any more...
>
> We escape all characters less than U+007F that are not in [_a-z0-9-].

Which is wrong, but we're fixing that.

> I should probably define in CSSOM how to serialize a CSS identifier and
> reference that from appropriate places.

So what rules do we want to use here?

Aside from my email with the CSS 2.1. issue there is a number of different
ways escapes can be serialized. I would like to just give a single way to
do it. Two-character escapes followed by a space if the next character is
in the 0-9a-f range? And I saw Gecko used \- to escape a hyphen. I suppose
that works. Though that is only needed if hyphen is the second character
and the first character is also a hyphen, right?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/