[cssom] Defining getComputedStyle

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:09:23 +0100
To: "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm basically looking for some comments from implementors whether I'm
heading in the right direction with this. I'm trying to define
getComputedStyle and it seems the only way to do that is to define a new
kind of value concept. I tentatively named it "Resolved values" (I forgot
who suggested this to me, sorry!):

   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#resolved-values

E.g. for the 'width' property it would say that if the property applies to
the element (e.g. no display:none or display:inline) the resolved value is
the used value in pixels and otherwise it would be the computed value.

How the value is serialized (including canonicalization) would be defined
elsewhere is as that is more generally applicable.

Does this sound like a good direction? Thanks!

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/