Re: [cssom] Defining getComputedStyle

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:02:52 +0100
To: "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>
Hopefully people still pay some attention to this thread. Didn't want to
start a new one.

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:09:23 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#resolved-values

At that URL you can now find a first draft of the "resolved value"
concept. It assumes the width/height computed value issue is resolved as I
suggested.

WebKit uses the computed value for some more properties than Firefox. I
decided to follow WebKit for those as it gives more obvious results. These
properties are:

   * top
   * right
   * bottom
   * left
   * text-indent
   * max-height
   * min-height
   * max-width
   * min-width

Also it seems that overflow is not treated as a shorthand property.

Any feedback welcome!

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/