Re: [CSS21] 4.3.2 Lengths (reference pixel?)

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:16:24 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I think, meanwhile most comments about this subject
are off topic from the contradiction/inconsistency issue.
I think it would be better to discuss them either with
a new comment about the current CSS2.1 or in case
this applies with a new discussion about the related
CSS3 draft. New features in a CSS3 do not help to
solve the current problem in the CSS2.1 draft - and
to separate different issues about the lengths problem
may help to improve the CSS2.1 draft in separate
steps - typically it is not a good idea to try to fix quite
different things with only one screw.
I think, it does not solve the problem discussed here
to add even more complexity with only somehow
related issues, which are not part of the current
CSS2.1 problem.

Olaf