Re: Need to clarify the effects of bidi paragraph breaks

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:55:34 -0500
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
2010/12/16 Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>:
> That believe this depends on the value of unicode-bidi. I am somewhat
> confused myself since the default behavior in an offline test,
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> TO BE<br>
>  OR NOT TO BE?
>
>  in FF 3.6.13 renders as embed where the initial value for unicode-bidi is
> normal.
>

>   unicode-bidi: embed, isolate and plaintext produces this.
>
>  ?OR NOT TO BE
>

>   unicode-bidi: normal produces this.
>
>  OR NOT TO BE?

Note that Aharon had stated that

TO BE
OR NOT TO BE?

actually represent actual RTL characters. So if you are going to do an
actual test on a browser you need to replace this with actual RTL
characters, such as

להיות<br>
 או לא להיות?

Otherwise the tests will not give any meaningful results.

--
cheers,
-ambrose

does anyone know how to fix Snow Leopard? it broke input method
switching and is causing many typing mistakes and is very annoying