Re: [cssom] CSS Value API

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:26:58 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> Now manipulating should be easy. E.g. style.values.color.keyword = "red"
> sets 'color' to red.

What should happen if I do:

   style.values.color.keyword = "rgb(255, 0, 0)";

?

> So I think the way I want this to move forward is by answering specific
> questions related to either experimental or theoretical implementations
> rather than trying to set out a grand plan for how this ought to work
> from the start. Does that seem reasonable or should I just make
> something up anyway?

Do you have a list of specific potential issues you'd like
implementation feedback on, or are you basically looking for such a list?

My general take is that this would be really nice to have for some
properties (top/left and transforms perhaps; maybe colors) and a not
that useful for other properties.  It would also take some time to do
this right.  In general, I'm interested in this happening for the
properties where it's useful, don't care much about the ones where it
doesn't, and don't expect to have time to implement it in the next month
or so.  After that, we'll see...

Perhaps an implementation for some subset of properties is a way to
start here?

-Boris