RE: [css3-page] "odd/even" for "page-break-before|after"?

From: Ishii Koji <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 07:55:26 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

I agree. The two look similar, but you're right that their usage of the terminology are different. My question applies only to page-break-before|after. I gave some thoughts on @page rules as well and can't find any issues for now.

> However, I don't think even/odd is a good name for the values, because
> authors can manipulate the page numbering. We could call it front/back or
> verso/recto (I forget which is which), which would not imply any interaction
> with page numbering.

Either naming is fine with me. Word uses "page count" differently from "page number", and even/odd uses "page count" for the same reason you mentioned above. I would personally favor front/back or even/odd than verso/recto though as the latter is not in my vocabulary and thus easier to remember for me.

> > There's no property to specify bindings in current CSS
> > as far as I know, right?
>
> See http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-page/#progression

I see, it's implicit, but is defined clearly. Thank you for letting me know this.