Re: [css3-multicol] test suite

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:19:15 +0200
To: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
Also sprach Christoph Päper:

 > I firmly believe some people will not be satisfied with the options
 > to style columns that are offered by the current draft.

For sure. That's a truism ;)

 > I wonder whether it would make sense (in level 4) to introduce
 > either pseudo-classes to target columns or new properties,
 > ‘column-border’ etc., where ‘column-rule’ becomes a shorthand:
 >
 >   :column       {border-left:  <column-rule>; border-right: <column-rule>;}
 >   :first-column {border-left:  none;}
 >   :last-column  {border-right: none;}

Perhaps. I can see a need for 'border-clip' on column rules:

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-background/

The multicol draft has been in development for more than a decade:

  http://www.w3.org/1999/06/WD-css3-multicol-19990623

So, we should also be able to look a decade ahead :)

-h&kon