[css3-values][css3-tables] calc() inside of tables

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:11:14 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
Given the complexities of 'width' and 'height' on table cells and
internal table elements, I propose that calc() expressions for
'width' and 'height' on table columns (and groups), rows (and
groups) and cells of both auto and fixed layout tables be treated as
'auto'.

I say this because:
 * In both auto and fixed layout tables, percentage and length
   widths have substantively different treatment (though in
   fixed-layout tables it relates only to column balancing).
 * In both auto and fixed layout tables, percentage widths on cells
   are border-box widths but length widths are content-box.
 * I believe similar problems exist for heights.

-David