Re: Display

From: Markus Ernst <derernst@gmx.ch>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:14:20 +0200
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, bzbarsky@mit.edu
I apologize for the incomplete message; Firefox sent it due to an unwanted focus change. Here is the rest:

The above is about resetting default values where these values are not known. The other case is resetting default values for multiple element types, such as in the original example of the display property. For example hiding an element's contents except the title, and showing it when the title is hovered:
div.showHide * {
  display:none;
}
div.showHide h2 {
  display:block;
}
div.showHide:hover * {
  display:default;
}

I agree my use cases are not crucial in the real world, and the "default" value is more a nice to have. Anyway it is somehow strange to have a system that does not allow to reset the defaults in some cases...
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser