Re: [css3-background] box-shadow spread radius and rounded corners

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:23:22 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>, Prabs Chawla <pchawla@microsoft.com>
On Apr 27, 2010, at 11:46 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> That is absolutely what I want and expect. Here, I created a visual
>> aid:
>>
>> http://www.bradclicks.com/cssplay/spread.png
>
> What would be your expected rendering if the border-radius was 1px?
> 0px?

Do ihave to draw it? It would follow the shape, just like if you
stroked the path in Adobe Illustrator with a line that is the sane
color as the fill.

> I don't think I like the idea of a discontinuity where sharp edges
> stay sharp, but rounded edges get fatter.

I don't know why you'd find that suprising. When you have a thick
border, the radius on the inside of the border-radius is different
from the radius on the outside. Think of this as a sort of extra
border-width around the shadow shape, but with border-radius defining
the inside radius of that extra borders's corners instead of the
outside radius.