RE: Display

Just a couple of things on this thread, on the original problem, where visual studio is toggling the inline style from display:none to display:inline, I am putting in a rule in my stylesheet

'
	.form li > label span[style*="inline"] {
		display: block !important;
		}
'
That corrects the problem, for my case (don't know what to do for IE7 yet, but that is ok for now. :) ).

Boris --

Just to clarify what I meant by "default" and "defined" :

Default -

	This would reset the display to the original display of the element. For example, I have a span and this definition in my stylesheet:

span {display:block;}

The intended action of a default would be to reset the element to the original display. So adding this :

Would restore the display of the span to the original, inline.

Defined -

	This would define the display by the next highest definition of the element. Using the last example adding this to my stylesheet:

span {display:block;}

then adding this into the inline style:

Would restore the definition in the style sheet of display:block;

(also, If there was a display:none, for example in the page <style> tag then it would refer to that. If there is no definition, it would then refer to the default display.)

The names "default" and "defined" aren't set, they could be named something different, just the functionality.