Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Touch enabled devices

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Kenneth Christiansen
<kenneth.christiansen@openbossa.org> wrote:
> I think something like (main-input-method: touch) would make more sense.
>
> With values as |touch|keys| etc. Keys could then cover additional
> cases such as setop boxes which normally are navigatable using keys on
> a remote control.

Sounds fine by me, but I'm not sure about using main. How about just
input-method? What is the main input method for a laptop with touch
screen and mouse connected? I.e. Dell XT2. User setting? Depending on
if a mouse is connected or not? What happens if a mouse is
connected/disconnected after the page has loaded?

Does it matter if it's the main input method or just one of the
supported input methods? If a device supports touch, I'd like to style
for touch-input no matter if it's the main input or not, but make sure
that the page also work with a mouse.

Is there a need to distinguish between finger-touch and stylus-touch?
I don't think so, but I'm just a selfish developer.

Gregers Rygg